TEAM Officer Contact E-MailPresident: Jeff Jones
Vice President: Shawn Barney
Club Secretary: John Castle
Club Treasurer: Martin Baumer
Membership Application and Modeling LinksTEAM Bylaws
Academy of Model Aeronautics
The Evergreen Aero Modelers
We are a group of individuals from all walks of life who enjoy building and flying radio-controlled & control-line models.
TEAM is Academy of Model Aeronautics chartered club #4490
TEAM's new flying field is DeAlton Field, adjacent to the Evergreen Space Museum and the Scouts Park near the NE corner of the Evergreen Aviation Museum Facilities. The new field has a main runway of grass that is 600' by 40'. A 200' by 10' matt runway is provided for smaller wheeled planes and two grass circles for Control Line planes. The restrooms and cafeteria are available in the Space Museum. A Port o Potty will soon be placed by the flying field. A covered seating area is next to the field.
Monthly Team Meeting
Team meetings are the second Thursday of each month at 7pm. in the AeroSpace Building at Evergreen Aviation Museum in McMinnville, OR.
Visitors and new members are Welcome !
DeAlton Field Rules
Membership in AMA is required to fly unassisted at the TEAM field.
Participants in museum sponsored educational programs or students receiving introductory flight experience might be exempted from this requirement.
Registration with the museum is required for all fliers each day they wish to fly. Registration will consist of showing TEAM membership card and current AMA card to the front desk personnel and signing the guest book. You'll receive a hand stamp verifying you've checked in. Any flier who is not a TEAM member must register with the museum and either purchase a museum admission or purchase a field visitor’s pass for $5 to use the model fields for that day only.
Students are defined as anyone learning to fly models. Students may use TEAM facilities without AMA membership only if they’re taking part in museum-organized educational programs, or as guests of TEAM members, provided that:
- During radio-control training non-AMA students must be on buddy box systems; students must have current AMA membership prior to soloing.
- During control-line instruction the student must be actively engaged in training with an instructor. Safety thongs must be properly worn on all flights.
- Instructors must be present at all times non-AMA students are on TEAM fields.
- Instructors must be TEAM members with valid AMA.
RC flyers are urged to be mindful of full-scale aircraft operating in the area. While the r/c field does not conflict with airport approaches, unusual full-scale flight paths can occur on rare occasion.
No r/c flying is permitted higher than 400 feet above ground level. As a reference the peak of the museum roof is 125’ agl.
- Events for 2016
- UPDATE: Our flying field is OPEN, please do not use roadway to the field due to water damage. Park at museum and walk over to the Flying Field.
- Family Fun-fly and Picnic June 11
- Field Work Day May 14
- Foam Fest July 16
- Electric Goose August 20 and 21
- Fall Picnic September 24
Local Information Sites
- Evergreen Aviation and Space Museum
- City of McMinnville
- Yamhill Visitors Association
- McMinnville Area Chamber of Commerce
- Check the weather at the field !!