TEAM Officer Contact E-MailPresident: Dave Bibbee
Vice President: Roger Weeks
Club Secretary: John Castle
Club Treasurer: Martin Baumer
Newsletter Editor: Shawn Barney
Membership Application and Modeling LinksTEAM Bylaws
Academy of Model Aeronautics
The Evergreen Aero Modelers
We are a group of individuals from all walks of life who enjoy building and flying radio-controlled & control-line models.
TEAM is Academy of Model Aeronautics chartered club #4490
TEAM's home is DeAlton Field, adjacent to the Evergreen Aviation Museum, home of the HK-1 Hughes Flying Boat, SR-71 Blackbird, Evergreen B-17, the Oregon Aviation Hall of Honor, numerous wartime and civilian display aircraft, and other fabulous aviation exhibits. DeAlton Field offers one of the finest model aviation facilities. RC flyers enjoy a 500 x 24 foot paved runway, 500 x 20 foot grass runway, paved taxiways, 6 flying stations and a fenced pit area with frequency board and individual pit tables. The RC field has electricity on-site with underground irrigation systems and features safety fencing and attractive landscaping. A beautiful Oak grove provides a shaded picnic area adjacent to the flying site.
The Control-Line area is being relocated at this time. Check back for updates often.
Monthly Team Meeting
Team meetings are the second Thursday of each month at 7pm. in the AeroSpace Building at Evergreen Aviation Museum in McMinnville, OR.
Visitors and new members are Welcome !
DeAlton Field Rules
Membership in AMA is required to fly unassisted at the TEAM field.
Participants in museum sponsored educational programs or students receiving introductory flight experience might be exempted from this requirement.
Registration with the museum is required for all fliers each day they wish to fly. Registration will consist of showing TEAM membership card and current AMA card to the front desk personnel and signing the guest book. You'll receive a hand stamp verifying you've checked in. Any flier who is not a TEAM member must register with the museum and either purchase a museum admission or purchase a field visitor’s pass for $5 to use the model fields for that day only.
Students are defined as anyone learning to fly models. Students may use TEAM facilities without AMA membership only if they’re taking part in museum-organized educational programs, or as guests of TEAM members, provided that:
- During radio-control training non-AMA students must be on buddy box systems; students must have current AMA membership prior to soloing.
- During control-line instruction the student must be actively engaged in training with an instructor. Safety thongs must be properly worn on all flights.
- Instructors must be present at all times non-AMA students are on TEAM fields.
- Instructors must be TEAM members with valid AMA.
Summer field hours - 7:00am to Dark. No unmuffled or open exhaust engines.
RC flyers are urged to be mindful of full-scale aircraft operating in the area. While the r/c field does not conflict with airport approaches, unusual full-scale flight paths can occur on rare occasion.
No r/c flying is permitted higher than 400 feet above ground level. As a reference the peak of the museum roof is 125’ agl.
- Events for 2013
- NOTICE: Our field is in a temporary location during field construction
- New Field is opening June 2013
- August 17-18 Electric Goose (Click Link)
- December 12 Christmas Party
- Every 3rd Saturday TEAM Fly
Local Information Sites
- Evergreen Aviation and Space Museum
- City of McMinnville
- Yamhill Visitors Association
- McMinnville Area Chamber of Commerce
- Check the weather at the field !!